Banana Avocado Bread with Flaxseeds
Sometimes it’s worth going a little over the top with the healthy ingredients. Which is why when I was challenged to revamp a classic family recipe for banana bread I turned to avocado.
And of course it’s best consumed warm and topped with freshly made chocolate hazelnut spread.
Elly D’s Banana Bread Revamped With Avocado and Flaxseeds
- 1 mashed medium size avocado
- 1/4 cup canola or coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups mashed, ripe bananas
- 2/3 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup hempmilk (you can use any type of milk)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup honey (this depends on how sweet you want your bread)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Flaxseeds for topping (optional)
Beat eggs and add in rest of wet ingredients. Beat with a whisk until you get a pureed consistency.
In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
Mix all ingredients together and pour into greased baking pan. Sprinkle with flaxseeds.
Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes, or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.